Whether you are buying or selling goods from or to the international market, there is always a risk that they may be delayed, damaged or lost in transit. Third Party Logistics, carriers, freight forwarders… in general the supply chain transportation service providers who facilitate the movement of goods domestic and overseas, operate under conditions limiting their liability in cases of loss, damage or delay. It is critical for the traders therefore to insure their goods against loss, damage or delay in transit.
Ubica’s consulting services will cross check the transportation insurance policies and will assist the customers on an objective manner providing risk management solutions to safeguard against the possible risks.
Insurance benefits at a glance:
- Contract of indemnity: compensation agreed by you and your insurer in case your goods are lost or damaged.
- Protection against business disruption: the loss, damage or delay of the in transit goods goes beyond the financial loss, it may also imply result into loss of profits, productivity and buyer goodwill.
- Risk management: without insurance only the minimum protection for your goods is considered, in most of the cases freight forwarders and carriers typically have limited liability in the event of loss, or damage or delay. Ubica can assist you to properly insure your goods by:
Clear insurance terms and duties across the supply chain.
- Responsibilities: Incoterms (CIF, CIP)
- E2E Ownership of the coverage options
- Competitive premiums
- Proactive risk management
- Efficient claim management.